Once you have created your staff profiles, you can begin to complete your calendar.
Scheduling in Workstaff is broken down into 5 main concepts:
Creating a project allows you to create a basis for planning an event or an entire schedule, whether it spans one day or more. It is in the project that you will create the different shifts for which you can book staff.
Simple information is all you need to create a project:
- The name of the project
- The date(s)
- The location (city or address)
Adding shifts allows you to specify time, staff and position requirements. To create a shift, you will need the following information:
- The date(s)
- The position
- The start and end times
- The number of staff needed
- You can optionally add a label, a break time and a travel time to the shift
Once your shifts are created, they make up a schedule. Workstaff allows you to create multiple schedules within the same project in several ways:
- Add a new schedule: add shifts on different dates than the schedule you just created
- Repeat a schedule: you can copy a schedule and paste it on other dates. This option also allows you to assign the same team to this schedule
After creating your shifts in the project, you can assign staff to them. You can do this in different ways:
- Suggestions: a list of staff suggestions is provided so that you can choose the profiles that best fit the shift. These suggestions are based on the availability, skills and grades associated with the staff
- Candidates tab: This tab allows you to see at a glance who has applied for a shift, to review applications and to book staff. It also allows you to select staff from your entire staff bank
The specification of a position is required for the creation of a shift, you can choose one from the list of suggestions shown to you upon creating the shift. The positions in this list correspond to the skills you have associated with each staff profile.